Bethany Carson at Liberty or Death has given me a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a fun way of learning more about fellow bloggers by asking them questions. I've answered Bethany's questions below:
1. Would you share a favorite quote and a favorite Bible verse? Well, I don't know that it's a favourite, but I have been thinking on Isaiah 5 lately. The things God is warning Israel of are the things we are seeing happening today. There is so much hatred for the poor and for people who want to live righteously, and even now in this country which (for all its faults) I do believe God has blessed.
2. What would you like to accomplish before the year is over? I'd love to lose 40 pounds, but I'd be happy with 20. It has taken me a year and a half to lose 40 so far. After I lose five more pounds, I will no longer be obese. I'll just be fat, like the rest of America. Knowing I have a thyroid problem and being on medication just means this takes me a bit longer. :/
3. What is your ancestry (e.g. German, Italian)? I think every rabble-rousing tribe from Europe has contributed to my ancestry. Did you know I had relatives from Mexico? (It's a city in New York state, but it sounds more ethnic and impressive if I leave that bit out.)
4. What is your favourite genre of music? I like Indian music! I just only have one recording of it that I got from a rice box years ago. When I lived in Australia, my best friend was the daughter of the Indian Vice-Consul to Australia, and they listened to cool Indian music, had lots of parties, and ate great vegetarian food.
5. Do you have a favorite bird or flower? I have a very un-favourite cardinal that hangs around one side of my house and enjoys the vehicles in our driveway. He sneaks up when no one is looking, sits on our rear-view mirrors, and poops his little guts out! I used to like cardinals before, but I think I have it in for this little fellow.
6. What is the most encouraging thing anyone has ever told you/or that you've ever read? I don't remember where I heard it, but it helped me so much to learn that God has given me enough time to accomplish everything that God wants me to do. So obvious, but so deep.
7. What is your go-to meal for when you need to cook something quickly? Now that I am starting on this crazy gluten-free stuff, I don't eat anything anyone else eats, really. So I have bags of cheese and crackers, yogurt, microwaveable rice, and veggies and fruits. I rarely cook.
8. Do you have a favorite word? Lolloping! Well, that's one favourite. It sounds like what it is. "And the big brown bear came lolloping over the mountain." Remember that quote in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? Hate the rest of the movie, really, except for the child-kidnapper fellow with the lollies. He's symbolic of socialism, I think.
9. What is your favorite tv series? I just got done watching all the Amazon Prime episodes of Flashpoint. It's about elite Canadian police doing tactical stuff. I find myself wondering how they get all their information so quickly and in such a high-tech manner. When I had to call the cops about a local threat on twitter, they asked me, "What's twitter?"
10. If you could have a gift card to any clothing store, including online, what would it be for? I would order a skirt in size 12 from Delarosa Custom Jean Skirts. You know, as a goal for when I'm done losing 20 more pounds. Gorgeous handmade stuff.
11. If I were to visit you in your hometown, what would be the first place you'd want me to see? I suppose we'd have to go drive by the bank that Jesse James robbed. If I were entertaining Mormons, first stop would be the jail in which Joseph Smith was held.
My nominees (if they'd like to participate):
Kerrie @ The Kerrie Show
Jaime @ No Getting Off This Train
Merle @ Merlesworld
And anyone else who would like to participate, please feel welcome!