19 August 2017

The Trees Are Down!


We used Walker Tree Service as they're the fellows you see about town on the power lines, licensed and insured etc etc. Which is a good thing as one of these huge branches fell sidewise and cracked my new siding.  It's ok - no one is hurt and I trust they'll fix it.

This should also give you an idea how thick and large the trees were - and hopefully, how many leaves we will NOT be raking and mowing this fall!

Now it feels sort of empty on that side yard.  We also removed a tree that was starting to block our view from the back windows.  Much more sun hits our lot now.

8 comments:

  1. That looks like it was a big tree! Always happy to have less leaves to rake. Hope they fix the siding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think they will fix it. I haven't paid them yet so here's hoping it gets done soon for everyone's sake. :)

      Delete
  2. We had heavy wind this weekend trees down all over the place.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See that's why we wanted these down - imagine a tree over 100 feet tall going down on your roof.

      Delete
  3. Here in Australia I worry when I see people cutting down large shady trees for no good reason, but that's my view and perhaps they do have a reason. But I see a lot of new developments with not a tree in sight and every home with large airconditioners that seem to run 24/7/365.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my side, the trees were WAY TOO TALL and even one branch being cut the wrong way (or whatever happened) was enough to crack my new siding. I think we'll look into getting more trees, but not ones that will dwarf the house and pose danger during storms.

      Delete
  4. WOW what a difference it makes! It looks great. I hope they have fixed the damaged siding?

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...