29 September 2021

Bathroom Freshen-Up

I worked on my bathroom and freshened it up.  This is the "before" picture featuring the mirror with that globby water stain in the corner.  Old 1980s wooden towel rack.  Plastic toilet paper dispenser.  Chipped off-cream cabinet that has yellowed a bit....

 
Soooo much sanding.to get the old paint off and rough up the cabinets.  Soooo much sanding.  Many days of work wearing a respirator, sweeping, more sweeping and then just taking a bath in the bathroom.  No one could really use the bathroom for about four weeks because I couldn't possibly get it all done in a weekend.


After:  Here's a view looking toward the door.  The walls are no longer beige and I hung about a million of those Dutch Royal Copenhagen plates old ladies like to collect in the bathroom because... I like them.
The mirror doesn't look so crummy now!  This is sticky tile from Amazon.  It's sort of like a textured Contact paper, but much more sticky and much better for this project.

I used cabinet paint and added new knobs!  I also cleaned the floor after I took the picture... oops.  Sometimes you get so involved in a project and there are so many steps you miss little things.  It's all finished now and I'm enjoying the results very much - it's a much more updated look.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to update my kitchen, but it isn't mine to begin with so mostly I just ignore it. You did a great job on your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, River! I'm just glad you're not living under an inch of bird poop. I still think about that first post from your new apartment - crazy!

      Delete
  2. I love what you have done with your bathroom! We are doing bathroom renovations right now... it's a mission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chris! I can't say this was a renovation but it's a huge mess while you're going through it. Glad it's done and it's so much nicer.

      Delete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...