22 December 2007

Homeschooling Stuff For Christmas

I will tell you what Elf and Emperor are receiving, since they don't read my blog. They sometimes pester me until I show them all the pictures. They like to see themselves online and know that they have an audience for their antics.

I'm getting them two dinosaur books from CBD, and a magnet set with all the dinosaur names on them. I think I'll just literally sit and read the books aloud to them for science time once we're done with octopuses. I'm not sure how all the eras (like "Jurassic," etc.) fit in with scientists who teach from a Christian perspective. These are childrens' books, but I thought they were detailed enough at least for a second-grade level.

In the past on pumpkins, octopi, etc., I've found a real wealth of worksheets and information that was on their level and not objectionable. Now I see that the worksheets on the free websites I run across classify the animals by their period. I'm not sure how that fits in with the books yet, but I was hoping to run across something that didn't insist on a time period but yet was a little beyond just a colouring sheet. I am really eager to read these books, but I know *I* wouldn't want to get a pre-read book for Christmas myself.

I think it will be an exciting unit though. I don't know why I keep doing these when I have perfectly good curriculum in a box all ready to go. We sort of alternate a bit. There are so many things to learn and I feel as though we're packing 20 years worth of schooling into a month sometimes!!

2 comments:

  1. You have talked about your sexy husband before. What do you plan to give to your funny, sexy, and just plain wonderful man for Christmas?

    -- Someone you don't know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Person I don't know:

    Even though I don't know you, I've got to say that your writing style is funny and wonderful.

    Just so happens an "anonymous" comment popped onto my blog while my husband was online, folks!! LOL

    Actually I haven't bought him anything but the pickles. No surprises. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...