31 October 2007

Can You Believe It?

Some driver threw a lit cigarette at G while he was waiting at the bus stop. He came home VERY upset. Of course he did not have the presence of mind to take down a license number. He insisted on changing his shirt and washing because he smelled like ash.

Thankfully his shirt was not burned, though it's going to need a washing. What we thought might have been a burn on his chest went away after about ten minutes, which leads me to believe that is where he brushed himself off.

I drove him to school instead this morning. I was even nice enough to waive the usual $5 fee. Well, really, the $5 fee is in place to discourage tardiness in the mornings, and this didn't count. Poor G. He's just so upset by this and doesn't know why anyone would want to do that to him.

2 comments:

  1. that is crazy! it couldn't have been on accident. how far away are the boys at their bus stop from your house I hope your able to see them from your home. It's ridiculous that an adult would do this. I love the Lord, but i do try to teach my kids to stick up for themselves.. If he sees that car drive by again tell him to give em the bird.

    jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick and G go to two different schools. Patrick goes to a bus stop with the Junior and High schoolers at the elementary HALF A MILE away, before 7 a.m. in the pitch black. G is about a block away, behind and around the house at another street corner. It's still dark when he leaves and I can't see him.

    I told him that next time he REALLY needs to take down a license number in his mind. And to remember what the car looked like. I would rather the police did it because nasty people like that probably do the same thing to other people on purpose, too.

    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...