These are the cities of D'Moin, Boy-zee and Shy Ann.
Arkin-saw.
Ignore that second C. Con-et-ih-cut.
Controversy time! Miz-zour-ee or Miz-zour-ah. Depends largely on whether you are native to the state and/or rural. The second pronunciation is more local and paraded out by politicians at election time. But when speaking in Washington, DC, it's magically time for them to say Miz-zour-ee. True story. Can you tell we're working on "place name pronunication" in our homeschool this week?
I'm pleased I've been pronouncing all of those correctly, must be all those movies I watch. I did watch an old John Wayne movie two days ago where John Wayne pronounced it Mizzourah.
I'm pleased I've been pronouncing all of those correctly, must be all those movies I watch.
ReplyDeleteI did watch an old John Wayne movie two days ago where John Wayne pronounced it Mizzourah.
Awesome! You even knew about Mizzourah! You win the internet this week - I'm so impressed! :)
Delete