16 August 2007

Office Max and the Free Bags of Clothes (ramble)

http://www.officemax.com/

I have to tell you homeschooling moms out there to go to Office Max on Thursdays until Sept. 13. It's FREE laminating!

While I was there I picked up a teacher card and I will get $10 back for every $75 I spend. I wish I knew about this when I was shopping for all the boys' school supplies. I spent maybe $5 at the store, and $2.99 of that was on jelly pencil grips for the Emperor. I am really working on his handwriting (numbers and letters). Nothing seems to work, so this is in the "let's try it and see how it goes" category.

I got some crayon packets for **4cents** each. Yep, they're cheap. But I bought the limit (5) and figure I'll need them later or can throw them in with a small child's care package sometime. I also bought some composition books for 50 cents each. For some reason, I use these to log the Elf's hours. I like writing in them. Nothing else seems to "work." You know how it is; if you hate doing something eventually it won't get done any more... and I NEED to keep track of the Elf's homeschool hours or else (I don't know what would happen but I assume it's bad LOL!).

I've also noticed the Emperor has outgrown about every piece of clothing he owns. Had to drag out boxes and boxes and boxes and then DIVE for the correct sizes. I got out a bunch of size 10 to 12 stuff for the end of the summer and this winter. What I have is always "free." I think this winter we will be in need of socks, and that's about it. Some of the clothes are not in the greatest of condition, but the child goes and gets dirty anyway you know...

How has everyone else been faring on the school bargains? Anyone else diving into their storage bags like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Non-troll comments always welcome! :)

Bringing Garbage Home

Some people up the street were throwing this table away. It was in pretty bad shape and one of the legs was off. I've glued the leg back...